Resident Camper Schedule
Monday – Thursday:
|8:30 am||Day Campers arrive|
|9-11:30 am||Major activity instruction|
|1-1:45 pm||Feeling good time|
|1:45-3 pm||Minor activity instruction: first period|
|3:15-4:30 pm||Minor activity instruction: second period|
|4:30-5:15 pm||Free time|
|6:30 pm||Huddle competition by age group|
|7:30 pm||Evening program:
Sunday. Get acquainted and trust building
Monday. Team building
Tuesday. Games and group activities
Wednesday. Fun Night: movie, dance, swimming
Thursday. Paddle™ Ceremony
|9 pm||Day Campers depart|
|9:45 pm||Individual huddle meetings and lights out|
Day Camper Schedule
The day’s activities begin at 8:45 a.m., conclude at approximately 9:00 p.m., and include all activities — between those times — as described above in the Resident Camper Schedule. All day campers must be on campus by 8:35 a.m. each morning in order for activities to begin at the scheduled time. Day Campers must be checked in inside Huff Athletic Center and checked-out inside Huff Athletic Center. Day campers are provided two meals per day (lunch and dinner) with the exception of Sunday at 5:30 p.m. and Friday at noon when they are provided one meal only.
What to Bring
ALL CAMPERS need to bring the equipment listed for the following sports:
- Baseball and Softball: Glove.
- Football: Football shoes are recommended, but not required.
- Golf: Bag, balls and clubs (driver, 3-wood, 5-, 7- & 9-irons). NO pull carts.
- Roller skating/blading: Skates will be provided, but you may bring your own.
- Rugby: Soccer shoes recommended; tennis shoes may be worn instead.
- Soccer: Soccer shoes, knee socks, and shin guards; tennis shoes may be worn instead.
- Swimming: Swim suit/trunks and towel, goggles.
- Tennis: Racquet and athletic shoes.
- Volleyball: Knee pads are recommended.
All other sports do not require additional equipment.
DAY CAMPERS need to bring: Equipment for major and minor instruction (listed above), items for free time (swim suit, towel, and one change of clothes). Lockers are available.
RESIDENT CAMPERS need to bring:
- Athletic shoes (no sandals)
- Jacket, sweater or sweatshirt
- Swimming suit and towel
- Poncho or raincoat
- Jeans or long pants
- Paddle (returning campers only)
- Fan (table top, box or free-standing style).
- Laundry bag.
- Pillow and pillowcase.
- 1 set of twin-size, extra-long sheets. Residence Hall beds are extra-long, twin-size; 2 full-size flat sheets will also work on beds.
- Bath towels and washcloths.
- Toilet articles.
- Camera. Please mark camera with name.
- Sunscreen/insect repellent.
- Money for Camp Store. Optional.
Marking of Clothes and Equipment. All clothes and items of equipment should be clearly marked with permanent marker. The camp is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Campers will enjoy air-conditioned accommodations in our newly-built residence halls and are supervised by camp staff.
The Monmouth College All-Sports Camp Store will be open during campers’ free time. Located on the main concourse level of the Huff Athletic Center, the Store sells items such as snacks, drinks, t-shirts, shorts, and hats and other novelty items.
Paddle Ceremony: Thursday | July 26, 2018 @ 7:30 p.m.
The Paddle™ Ceremony celebrates each camper’s success in earning the brands the campers selected to focus on at the beginning of the week. The brands, Mercy, Christianity, Perseverance, Attitude, Dedication, Discipline, Loyalty, and Enthusiasm, symbolize the characteristics of Christianity and sportsmanship to form the M-C-P-A-D-D-L-E.
During the ceremony campers are introduced huddle by huddle. Their names are read with the brand they earned. This is the time campers are recognized for all their hard work during camp. The Paddle™ Ceremony is held on Wallace Hall Plaza and Dunlap Terrace, beginning at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday night of camp. Parents are encouraged to join. There is usually a large turnout for this event.
Camp Olympics: Closing Day | Friday | July 27, 2018 @ 9:00 a.m.
On the final day of camp, a Camp Olympics is held which includes a variety of activities for the campers. Camp Olympics begin at 9:00 a.m. in the April Zorn Memorial Stadium and will conclude no later than 2:00 p.m. Parents, family and friends are invited and encouraged to attend Camp Olympics. Lunch will be provided for campers. Parents are welcome to join us at lunch for a nominal fee. In the event of rain, the Camp Olympics will be held in the Huff Athletic Center.